One of the things many divers dislike most about their BCD is the squeeze. That feeling when you have your BCD inflated on the surface and its just that little too snug.
The Scubapro Ladyhawk is a rear inflation BCD that, as the name suggests, has all of it's inflation located behind the diver. This provides a superior diving experience without the squeeze!
The Ladyhawk is a female specific version of their famous Knighthawk and has been redesigned to suit the female diver. Newly styled padded shoulders, a narrow neck, adjustable cummerbund and quick-release rotating shoulder buckles (for optimum strap routing) all work together to guarantee a comfortable and snug fit.
As an added bonus, by moving to a rear inflation system you dramatically reduce the bulk around your torso, making for a more comfortable and streamlined dive experience. You also make it much easier to be 'in trim' underwater, reducing drag and subsequently your air consumption!
You still get all the features you'd expect from a Scubapro BCD, with integrated weights, high levels of comfort and plenty of d-rings and pocket space too.
- Constructed of 1000 denier nylon and 420 denier nylon for maximum durability.
- Contoured hard pack and single-band Super Cinch buckle securely lock down the tank.
- Back flotation positions the air cell in back, providing exceptional freedom of movement while decreasing hydro-drag by reducing bulk.
- Three-dump deflation system lets you to dump air from a variety of underwater positions.
- Compression straps rein in the air cell when it is deflated and contribute to optimum volume control.
- Rotating quick-release shoulder buckles allow you to optimize the routing of your shoulder straps to maximize fit.
- A redesigned cargo pocket minimizes bulk while maximizing cargo-carrying capability.
- Soft neoprene neck roll and padded back pad enhance comfort during long dives.
- Padded cummerbund compensates for suit compression, maintaining a snug fit at varying depths.
- Ergonomic harness incorporates anatomically-shaped components to allow for an even load distribution.
- Quick-release integrated weight system pouches accommodate 10 to 12 pounds each (depending on size) and secure with oversized buckles.
- Two rear trim pouches counterbalance the front ballast weight to create a well-balanced swimming position.
- Four pre-bent stainless steel D-rings provide convenient clip-on points for additional gear.
- BC comes equipped with a Balanced Power Inflator.
Available for pick-up.
Location: 2 Ara-Tai, Half Moon Bay, Auckland 2012